Juju Lens v0.1.0: New Desktop Application With SSH Support!

I’ve been unable to install the desktop version using the dmg file for MAC i’ve tried using the app.tgz file as well. I keep receiving the error that I can’t open the application because it is damaged or incomplete. I’ve tried re-downloading it and still the same error message. I’ve tried this on Catalina and Big Sur. I appreciate any insight on getting this resolved.

Hi @geoisinc, so sorry I didn’t reply to this earlier! I didn’t notice this in my Email.

Unfortunately I don’t have a mac to test on, so I’m not sure if this will help, but I’ve updated the project dependencies and re-built it. I did notice that that the App.tgz was including folders that it shouldn’t have so I tried to fix that.

Here are a couple more builds to try out:

Let me know how that goes.

sorry @zicklag for the late response, I hadn’t received any notifications that you had responded to my post. I tried the builds that you posted and I still receive the same error

@geoisinc No problem on the late response. It looks like I’ve done it again as well. It appears that the forum is unable to send emails. :thinking: I opened a topic asking about that.

About the failure to install, unfortunately, due to MacOS’s end-user license agreement, I am unallowed to install MacOS in a VM to try and reproduce your problem or do any troubleshooting, and I do not have a physical Apple device to test on. :confused:

I found an open issue on GitHub for the project that we use to do the Mac builds so it appears that this may be a known issue, but it hasn’t been responded to in a while. I added a comment and we’ll see if we get any response there.

I can walk you through how to build the application on your machine, but you’d have to install some tools to do it so that is only if you are adventurous.

Hopefully we will get some response back from the above mentioned issue, and there is a possiblity that a future release of some of our dependencies will fix the problem, but there are no guarantees. I’m sorry I can’t be more helpful!