JAAS Dashboard, the new Juju GUI

Replied over on the other topic to avoid cluttering this thread.

2 Likes

We’re going to be adding config management in an upcoming release of the dashboard. In the meantime you can use one of the other two UI’s or you can modify the config via the CLI juju config

4 Likes

The information on where to obtain the tarball should be available in the docs I think.

Finding the tarballs isn’t trivial.

@tmihoc

1 Like

In fact, I can’t find the dashboard at all at the moment? I’m looking for 0.8.1 which I would like to use for upgrading, but I can’t find any instruction where to find it.

In the Juju docs I find this: Juju | Access the dashboard and Juju | Use the dashboard . The former says you can access the dashboard by typing juju dashboard. I’ve tried that but I’m getting an error. Looking into it now.

@hatch do you have more information about this?

Sorry it looks like there was an issue in our release process and the tags weren’t being “released”. I’ve manually added it and you can now find 0.8.1 on github here.

Just so you’re aware, you can always build a release yourself from any commit by cloning the repo and running yarn && yarn generate-release-tarball. You’ll also need Node 16 and Yarn installed but it doesn’t install any global dependencies.

1 Like

Thanx for this info. I do however miss this very useful information as part of tve official docs.

If the community had this information, it would be awesome!

@hatch - I have some input regarding control to access of juju actions. The interface plays a part her, which I would need to discuss with developers/designers. Better control over who can do what in relations to operating charms/units in models would provide a great interface to operational staff vs admins - significantly improving the use-case for juju and its dashboard.

In short - I’m seeking to provide ACL:s for users to actions. I know this not yet supported by juju, but I would like to show you exactly the use-case for this and why it would matter to the ROI/TCO for businesses and thus the value-proposition of Juju.

Its going to take forever to write it down in text. So I rather have an online session to do this. Is this possible ?

Hey @erik-lonroth, sure thing. We can organise something this week or at any point later on, before the holiday break. Switching over to emails.

1 Like

Absolutely
 The dashboard is promising, but I experience alot of crashes. Especially when trying to use the “run action” feature when I get this

After this I get logged out from the interface.

I’m getting this both on 0.8.1 and 0.9.0 

1 Like

Sorry about that, I’m actively trying to track down that actions bug.

2 Likes

Can I upgrade to something that removes this bug?

I try to follow the instructions in the repo, but I’m not sure how to install and get yarn + node setup.

The 0.9.1 release that resolves these issues is now on Github.

1 Like

I tried to upgrade from 0.8.1 to 0.9.1, it failed.

https://github.com/canonical-web-and-design/jaas-dashboard/issues/1196

@hatch I’m getting lots of errors from using the GUI 0.9.2 - no output whatsoever, so I can’t really help out debugging