Add this week’s updates here.
Typing this up earlier because tomorrow is holiday
This week I:
- Typed up some of last week’s workshop materials: Talking to a workload: data flow from A to Z - framework - Charmhub
- Helped Teodora sort topics and categorize documentation sources
- Finished up https://github.com/canonical/traefik-k8s-operator/pull/42 (nearly there!)
- Worked on the traefik-route endpoint for Traefik https://github.com/canonical/traefik-k8s-operator/pull/44 (nearly there!)
- Worked on traefik-route itself, which seems to be ready for live testing, and wrote some pretty comprehensive integration tests for it (the CI for that is work in progress) https://github.com/PietroPasotti/traefik-route-k8s-operator
- Lurked in @erik-lonroth’s thread about grafana dashboards (surfaced briefly to ask for a clarification on a point).
- Heeded the call for testing for the charmcraft 1.6.0 release candidate.
- Got charmcraft login to work more smoothly on my headless server (thanks, @facundo! )
- Polished the documentation in lib
- Published version 0.2 of lib
- Incorporates @miaaltieri’s bugfixes, as well as my documentation changes
- Tested and updated my PR against Kafka with
- Investigated an integration test failure, but wasn’t able to reproduce it locally – I don’t think that it is due to the library code.
- Spoke w/ Teodora about improving the Operator Framework API docs. As as result of our conversation, I:
- Compiled and shared a list of all classes in the framework.
- Drafted a Discourse doc with all classes organized by purpose.
- Reviewed the [harness merge layer support[(https://github.com/canonical/operator/pull/738) PR.
- Chatted about alternatives to reacting to
relation-departedwhen scaling down mongodb.
- There was some buy-in to the idea of dropping the charm into an error state if an operator tries to remove more than one unit of an ha mongodb setup, as this scenario is not well supported by the workload software.
- Put together a “Rolling Ops Post Mortem” slide deck
- I plan to give it as a lightning talk to the Ops Framework team next week.
- Got harness leadership behavior/errors PR finished and merged.
- Some more work on pebble log trimming - waiting for some feedback now.
- Lots of interviewing stuff.
- Went through and organized all the ops team specs.
- Reviewed add_layer PR.
- Did some brainstorming/pseudo-coding on event/charm organization stuff - including a more detailed look at @ppasotti’s doc with his ideas.
- Started polishing up harness storage mocking PR to get it ready for final review.