Friday October 8:th 2021
I’ll be hosting another workshop to get started with Juju charms.
Time: 09:00-10:30AM UTC.
Link to google meeting: meet.google.com/ukx-iigx-gie
Any beginner to Juju should be able to join.
This is what we’ll cover in 1h 30 minutes + Social:
We will try to follow generally this documentation, but I’ll guide you through it since its not up to date.
- Learn about what a charm is (Its anatomy).
- Learn about the Juju state diagram.
- Learn how to configure charms.
- Learn how to use charm actions.
- Learn about Juju relations.
- Learn how to deploy the “Deploy Nextcloud using Charmhub - The Open Operator Collection” Juju charm so that you can play with it yourself. (Note that the charm here is still not released, so we will be playing with a charm that is still to be released! Reason to be excited! )
You should prepare 2 things BEFORE the workshop or you won’t be able to follow:
- Setup your juju client and connect to a cloud. Here are instructions for two public clouds:AWS -> https://juju.is/docs/olm/credentials Google -> Juju | Google Compute Engine (GCE)
- Create a Ubuntu one account: https://login.ubuntu.com/ which is needed to deploy publicly available charms from charmstore.io
Using your own private cloud (lxd, vshpere, maas or openstack) is of course cool.
I will not cover Juju and Kubernetes (k8).
Please ping me if you intend to join so that I know if I got a crowd or not.