Where are relations?

Hi,

Charmhub replaces jaas.ai but tbh, it feels unfinished. There are some minor points here and there that are pretty annoying but to me, one of the most annoying thing is the fact that relations listing disappeared from charm details. You still find Actions details and the “Readme” part but it is now nearly impossible (except by taking a look at the code) to know which relations are exposed by every charms. This was also quite practical because you could click on them and be redirected to the search page with all the charms that could be related.

Would it be possible to have this information again on Charmhub ?

Best regards.

4 Likes

Thank you for the feedback! Some of the information that you’re looking for is in the juju gui, under integrations. (Run juju gui to get a link to the gui for a given controller.)

I also miss being able to click on a relation and get a list of other charms that I might be able to relate to. @roadmr I think that parsing and exposing relation data might be on your roadmap, but I’m not sure where it stands amid the other priorities.

Relation data is exposed in the API used to build charm pages in charmhub, the web team is working on showing that information so this functionality is on track to be restored.

Getting the “list of charms that can be related” is going to take a bit more time because there is no API support for that, but it is in our roadmap.

• Daniel
1 Like

Well, good to know but tbh, we rarely use juju gui and we never start from juju gui when working on implementing a new charm. We usually start from charmhub, find the charm, read the doc and see how it relates to other charms.

I understand. You can always do juju info <charm name> from the CLI to get a list of relations, along with other summarized metadata.

If you want to further inspect the source without clicking through links on the web, you can run juju download <charm name> to get a .charm archive file containing the source.

It will be nice to have that info clicks away on CharmHub, though!

1 Like

Hi, as @roadmr mentioned, we - the web & design team - are currently working on a tab for relations on charmhub.io. I just posted a topic about it asking for feedback. Feel free to have a look and let us know your thoughts!

cheers, Ana

1 Like

@anasereijo Thx, I just gave my opinion in the topic.

1 Like

Access denied

Hi Erik, should be fixed now.

https://discourse.charmhub.io/t/charmhub-integrations-tab-feedback-request

1 Like