show-relation is a command that allows you to visualize the databags of two related Juju applications.
For example, the
ingress-per-unit relation between a Traefik unit and a Prometheus unit on kubernetes:
This command is very useful when developing integrations or debugging related charms. You can also make it tail the contents with
-w: the table will remain visible and update itself as the databag contents change.
- support for peer relations (!)
- support for showing relations in models other than the current one (
- optional suppression of empty databags (
- command promoted to toplevel jhack: it used to be nested under
utils. Now you can simply do
- better cli help and shortcuts for lazy/busy typers.
- support for “show me the nth relation” instead of having to type out the whole
app-name:endpointthing: if you have 3 relations in your model, you can simply do
jhack show-relation -n 1and jhack will print out the 2nd relation from the top (of the same list appearing when you do
juju status --relations, that is.