Vault service not running and Failed to connect to MySQL

I had this issue while deploying openstack xena on ubuntu 20.04 .I notice juju has update from juju 2.9.28 to juju 2.9.29 i belive that is what caused the problem so i ssh into the vault container to check here is my output : Error checking seal status: Get https://127.0.0.1:8200/v1/sys/seal-status: dial tcp 127.0.0.1:8200: connect: connection refused

I got the same error too. in my case its not vault only, every services which has its own mysql-router gets the same error. help please…

ict@maas-controller:~$ juju status Model Controller Cloud/Region Version SLA Timestamp openstack-cloud maas-controller mymaas/default 2.9.29 unsupported 15:32:55Z

App Version Status Scale Charm Channel Rev Exposed Message ceph-osd 16.2.7 blocked 4 ceph-osd stable 513 no Missing relation: monitor mysql-innodb-cluster 8.0.29 active 3 mysql-innodb-cluster stable 15 no Unit is ready: Mode: R/O, Cluster is ONLINE and can tolerate up to ONE failure. nova-compute 23.1.0 blocked 3 nova-compute stable 550 no Missing relations: messaging, image vault blocked 1 vault stable 54 no Vault service not running vault-mysql-router 8.0.29 blocked 1 mysql-router stable 15 no Failed to connect to MySQL

Unit Workload Agent Machine Public address Ports Message ceph-osd/0* blocked idle 0 10.10.10.70 Missing relation: monitor ceph-osd/1 blocked idle 1 10.10.10.76 Missing relation: monitor ceph-osd/3 blocked idle 3 10.10.10.78 Missing relation: monitor ceph-osd/4 blocked idle 4 10.10.10.79 Missing relation: monitor mysql-innodb-cluster/0 active idle 0/lxd/0 10.10.10.80 Unit is ready: Mode: R/O, Cluster is ONLINE and can tolerate up to ONE failure. mysql-innodb-cluster/1 active idle 1/lxd/0 10.10.10.82 Unit is ready: Mode: R/O, Cluster is ONLINE and can tolerate up to ONE failure. mysql-innodb-cluster/2* active idle 3/lxd/0 10.10.10.81 Unit is ready: Mode: R/W, Cluster is ONLINE and can tolerate up to ONE failure. nova-compute/0* blocked idle 1 10.10.10.76 Missing relations: messaging, image nova-compute/1 blocked idle 3 10.10.10.78 Missing relations: image, messaging nova-compute/2 blocked idle 4 10.10.10.79 Missing relations: image, messaging vault/2* blocked idle 4/lxd/0 10.10.10.84 8200/tcp Vault service not running vault-mysql-router/0* blocked idle 10.10.10.84 Failed to connect to MySQL

I Just belive it update issues from juju 2.9.28 to 2.9.29

I have this same error also. Tried to rebuild as first time all MySQL related services failed. This time stopped at Vault as this has failed again for the same reason.

I have the same error also. All mysql related services failed not only vault.

just try to see this link

I fix the problem go to the lxd container you install mysql-router then open the conf file in /var/lib/mysql/vault-mysql-router/mysqlrouter.conf

1. i change unknown_config_option = error to unknown_config_option = warning
  2. [metadata_cache:bootstrap] to [metadata_cache:jujuCluster]
  3. [routing:bootstrap_rw] to [routing:jujuCluster_rw]
  4. [routing:bootstrap_ro] to [routing:jujuCluster_ro]
  5. [routing:bootstrap_x_rw] to [routing:jujuCluster_x_rw]
  6. [routing:bootsrap_x_ro] to [routing:jujuCluster_x_ro]
  7. remove the last [metadata_cache:jujuCluster]

Because the default cluster name is jujuCluster not bootstrap then restart the service for every mysql-router then it works

This problem was caused by a MySQL upstream change.

Either use/upgrade charm mysql-router to channel 8.0.19/stable or upgrade the mysql package to [1] on the nodes hosting the mysql-router instances.

[1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mysql-8.0/8.0.29-0ubuntu0.20.04.3

8.0.19/stable is not working error says MySQL router not yet bootstraped

After i upgrade it, it works but every time i try to access the dashboard or try to use OpenStack commands, mysql-router for every service become blocked e.g nova-mysql-router/0* blocked idle 172.20.90.187 Failed to connect to MySQL vault-mysql-router/0* blocked idle 172.20.90.134 Failed to connect to MySQL

on the dashboard it says bad request 400

any help on that

I believe what you’re observing is a symptom of bug LP #1973177. A fix is on the way.

To be specific, when i look to mysql-innodb-cluster leader node log (tail /var/log/mysql/error.log), i see this

unit-placement-mysql-router-0: 14:47:27 ERROR unit.placement-mysql-router/0.juju-log Unable to find implementation for relation: requires of juju-info unit-neutron-mysql-router-2: 14:47:28 ERROR unit.neutron-mysql-router/2.juju-log Unable to find implementation for relation: requires of juju-info unit-neutron-mysql-router-2: 14:47:29 ERROR unit.neutron-mysql-router/2.juju-log Failed to connect to database due to ‘(1040, ‘Too many connections’)’ unit-keystone-mysql-router-2: 14:47:29 ERROR unit.keystone-mysql-router/2.juju-log Unable to find implementation for relation: requires of juju-info unit-neutron-api-plugin-ovn-2: 14:47:30 ERROR unit.neutron-api-plugin-ovn/2.juju-log Unable to find implementation for relation: requires of juju-info unit-keystone-mysql-router-2: 14:47:30 ERROR unit.keystone-mysql-router/2.juju-log Failed to connect to database due to ‘(1040, ‘Too many connections’)’ unit-vault-mysql-router-2: 14:47:38 ERROR unit.vault-mysql-router/2.juju-log Unable to find implementation for relation: requires of juju-info unit-neutron-api-plugin-ovn-1: 14:47:45 ERROR unit.neutron-api-plugin-ovn/1.juju-log Unable to find implementation for relation: requires of juju-info unit-vault-2: 14:48:00 ERROR unit.vault/2.juju-log Unable to find implementation for relation: peers of vault-ha unit-mysql-innodb-cluster-0: 14:48:09 ERROR unit.mysql-innodb-cluster/0.juju-log Failed checking cluster status: Cannot set LC_ALL to locale en_US.UTF-8: No such file or directory WARNING: Cluster error connecting to target: MySQL Error 1040 (HY000): Too many connections Traceback (most recent call last): File “”, line 2, in mysqlsh.DBError: MySQL Error (1040): Dba.get_cluster: Too many connections

unit-cinder-mysql-router-2: 14:48:15 ERROR unit.cinder-mysql-router/2.juju-log Unable to find implementation for relation: requires of juju-info unit-cinder-mysql-router-0: 14:48:19 ERROR unit.cinder-mysql-router/0.juju-log Unable to find implementation for relation: requires of juju-info unit-neutron-mysql-router-0: 14:48:20 ERROR unit.neutron-mysql-router/0.juju-log Unable to find implementation for relation: requires of juju-info unit-cinder-mysql-router-0: 14:48:20 ERROR unit.cinder-mysql-router/0.juju-log Failed to connect to database due to ‘(1040, ‘Too many connections’)’ unit-cinder-mysql-router-1: 14:48:32 ERROR unit.cinder-mysql-router/1.juju-log Unable to find implementation for relation: requires of juju-info unit-nova-mysql-router-0: 14:48:37 ERROR unit.nova-mysql-router/0.juju-log Unable to find implementation for relation: requires of juju-info unit-openstack-dashboard-mysql-router-1: 14:48:38 ERROR unit.openstack-dashboard-mysql-router/1.juju-log Unable to find implementation for relation: requires of juju-info unit-nova-mysql-router-2: 14:49:06 ERROR unit.nova-mysql-router/2.juju-log Unable to find implementation for relation: requires of juju-info unit-openstack-dashboard-mysql-router-2: 14:49:07 ERROR unit.openstack-dashboard-mysql-router/2.juju-log Unable to find implementation for relation: requires of juju-info unit-vault-mysql-router-1: 14:49:39 ERROR unit.vault-mysql-router/1.juju-log Unable to find implementation for relation: requires of juju-info

Additionally im usign HA for every openstack service. And i try to increase the max_connection=1000. And it looks like its working but im not sure about than. What do you think. Thanks for the help again

I felt James page need to comment on the Vault service not running and Failed to connect to MySQL.

Note that the track for the MySQL charms has recently (today) changed from 8.0.19 to 8.0 (but same software).