Review `route53-lego-k8s` charm for listing

Hello, can you please review the route53-lego-k8s charm for listing. This is essentially a renaming of the currently listed route53-acme-operator as it is not possible to rename charms in Charmhub. Once this is done, please unlist and remove the route53-acme-operator charm from Charmhub.

Review PR link

Metadata links

CI Links

Documentation Links

Thanks @gruyaume for the review request! @shu-du can you please help with this review? You can go through and tick off the items on the checklist available here and post the result in this thread. This prior listing request could serve as an example of how to go about it. Please ping @review-coordinators for any questions.

hello @gruyaume, thank you very much for the submission. To make it easier for the reviewing person and have all the relevant information at this place, could you pls consider the form prepared for submitting a review? You ll find this at the end of the discourse post about reviewing charms.

Sure, done!

1 Like

@mcjaeger Can somebody have a look at my request?

Hello, @shu-du , @varshigupta has proposed your for looking at the charm, please help us and let us know if the review would be possible for you?

Hi, I will take a look at it. Thanks.

@gruyaume Generally I am good with the charm. Just left some comments in the pull request. Please take a look. Thanks.

@shu-du I have a PR out that will address the integration tests concern (ref here). However the other comments were nit picks and while I do agree with some of them, they are not associated to charm review criterias and I do not plan on addressing them here.

@shu-du @mcjaeger The PR related to integration tests was merged.

@gruyaume Ok, thanks for the message. I’ve approved the PR.

@mcjaeger can we go ahead and list this charm?

@gruyaume if Shu-Do approved the PR I think it should be fine.

@shu-du in order to have a clear outcome of the review we would like to use a form where you confirm all the points for review.

Please see this post from Ghislain as an example:

@shu-du @mcjaeger can we go ahead with this? This listing request has been opened for almost a month now.

@gruyaume not sure why you tagging me, since I covered this in the previous post above, but redundantly communicating:

@shu-du please go on with the form for review. if you feel you cannot continue with the review, please let us know.

Checked Review item Objective Review criteria
βœ“ Intended functionality Despite all the items for publication readiness, the charm must work. Charm does what it is meant to do - ideally done in a demo.
βœ“ Charmhub.io charm detail page A complete and consistent appearance of the charm is required for a quality impression of the charm collection. The overall appearance looks good, which means:
  • The name complies with the naming guidelines.
  • The publisher is identified.
  • The links are provided.
  • The documentation looks reasonable.
βœ“ Source repository Generally, the source code for charms must be accessible by the community for transparency and collaboration. It is not entirely mandatory to have the charm published as OSS for review, but the repository must be accessible from the persons working on the review request.
βœ“ Coding conventions The source code of the charm is accessible in the sense of approachability. Consistent source code style and formatting are also considered a sign of being committed to quality. The implemented checks for coding conventions are reasonable and implemented in the regular CI/CD implementation.
βœ“ Release automation implementation An implementation for automated releasing to charmhub.io improves the ability to provide updates covering vulnerabilities quickly. Release automation for unstable channels to enable testing when new versions of the charm code or the workload become available.
βœ“ Unit tests implementation In particular, for the charms review, assuring a reasonable test suite is essential to allow for automated releases in future. The unit tests show relevant coverage. It is a case-dependent review.At the time of review, the test runs successfully.
βœ“ Unit tests results Availability of test results is mandatory for a working collaborative project. URL to test results from CI/CD automation.
βœ“ Installation test implemented (could be part of the integration test) In particular, for the charm review, assuring a reasonable test suite is essential to allow for automated releases in future. With this test, for every build, it is ensured that the installation is successful. An implementation for checking the installation is present. The implementation should also check for successful installation as part of the automation, and the workload behaves as expected. At the time of review, the test runs successfully.
βœ“ Installation test results Availability of test results is mandatory for a working collaborative project. URL to test results from CI/CD automation.
βœ“ Integration tests implemented In particular for the review of charms, assuring a reasonable test suite is important to allow for automated releases in future. With this test, for every build, it is ensured that the integration with other charms is successful. An implementation for testing the required integrations (if applicable) is present. The implementation should also check for successful integration as part of he automation and the workload behaves as expected. At the time of review, the test runs successfully.
βœ“ Integration test results Availability of test results is mandatory for a working collaborative project. URL to test results from CI/CD automation.
βœ“ Documentation for usage The documentation for using the charm should be separate from the documentation for developing or contributing to the charm. URL to this documentation is present.
βœ“ Documentation for contributing The documentation for contributing to the charm should be separate from the documentation for developing or using the charm. URL to this documentation is present.
βœ“ Licensing statement For the charm shared, OSS or not, the licensing terms of the charm are clarified (which also implies an identified authorship of the charm). URL to the ruling licensing statement is present.

@odysseus-k Can you please set route53-lego-k8s-operator charm to be listed?

Hi,

The charm is now listed and searchable.

Thanks,

Odysseus

2 Likes