Charmcraft supports the development of operators using the Charmed Operator Framework. It enables developers to build, upload and release operators on Charmhub and collaboration through charm libraries.
This new release includes the following change:
- Provide the building charms functionality through the pack command.
We want to highlight that with this release we’re going out of beta! Now you will be able to install
charmcraft just by doing:
sudo snap install charmcraft
Use Charmcraft to:
- Initialise a new charm and directory structure
- Build your Charmed Operator into a charm for distribution
- Register your charm name on Charmhub
- Upload your charms to Charmhub
- Release your charms into channels
- Publish and fetch charm libraries
We recommend the Charmed Operator Framework for charm development, but Charmcraft will help you publish charms written in any language. The Charmed Operator Framework enables the development of operators in a simple and straightforward way, using standard Python structures to allow for clean, maintainable, and reusable code.