Openstack Yoga error when deploying ceph-osd

I’m trying to deploy Openstack Yoga with MAAS and Juju using the Openstack Charms documentation for Yoga. I have 4 new HPE DL360 Gen10 servers commissioned and “Ready” in MAAS, and I’ve completed the steps up to deploying ceph-osd. When I run the juju command to do that:

$ juju deploy -n 4 --series jammy --channel quincy/stable --config ceph-osd.yaml --constraints tags=compute ceph-osd Located charm “ceph-osd” in charm-hub, revision 534 Deploying “ceph-osd” from charm-hub charm “ceph-osd”, revision 534 in channel quincy/stable on jammy

it fails almost immediately on all four machines, and ‘juju status’ lists each of them like this:

1 down pending jammy unexpected: ServerError: 400 Bad Request ({“hwe_kernel”: [“jammy has no kernels available.”]})

Any ideas on how I can get past this?

Well, it seems I’ve answered my own question. I was poking around in MAAS and looked at the Configuration options for one of the nodes. Under ‘Machine Configuration’, I set ‘Minimum kernel’ to ‘Jammy (ga-22.04-lowlatency)’, which was the only option on that list that contained ‘Jammy’. I set this same option for all four nodes, then removed and redeployed ceph-osd, and now all is well.

1 Like

Glad you answered your own question. I’ll start with 6 machines next week, just like you @rainwadj. I hope I can solve this problem in the same way, in case it happens to me too. My big question at the moment about MAAS is how will I create external SSL access from my private cloud, so that users can access our apps, in the same way as in the public cloud. Good luck

I’m not far enough to think about SSL yet. I’m also wondering how I’ll integrate Openstack with our local Active Directory for authentication.

Good luck to you, too.

1 Like