Nova-compute: services not running that should be nova-api-metadata

Hi All, I need help on OpenStack nova-compute charm. It is blocked with “services not running that should be nova-api-metadata…”; It went in to blocked state once I configured OpenStack cluster environment for controllers with VIP.

How to fix this issue? and I seeing following logs inside nova-compute instance

nova-compute.log

An auth plguin is required to determine the endpoint URL

nova-api.log

DBNonExistentTable: (sqlite3.OperationalError) no such table: services

I don’t think we need to edit the nova.conf file for this and more over I also removed the relation after creating cluster environment and added back the relationship and that also didn’t helped me here.

When I deploy openstack-base-78,it was happend ,too.

nova-compute/0               blocked   idle   0        10.0.0.159                         Services not running that should be: nova-api-metadata, nova-compute
  ntp/2                      active    idle            10.0.0.159      123/udp            chrony: Ready
  ovn-chassis/2              active    idle            10.0.0.159                         Unit is ready
nova-compute/1               blocked   idle   1        10.0.0.157                         Services not running that should be: nova-compute, nova-api-metadata
  ntp/1                      active    idle            10.0.0.157      123/udp            chrony: Ready
  ovn-chassis/1              active    idle            10.0.0.157                         Unit is ready
nova-compute/2*              blocked   idle   2        10.0.0.158                         Services not running that should be: nova-compute, nova-api-metadata
  ntp/0*                     active    idle            10.0.0.158      123/udp            chrony: Ready
  ovn-chassis/0*             active    idle            10.0.0.158                         Unit is ready
1 Like

no one can give a reply? The charmhub community is rarely helpful :joy:. So many issues wer left unattendedly!

If anyone in this thread is still experiencing trouble please file a bug. You will need to select a charm to file the bug against (‘Project’ dropdown). In this case it sounds like it should be OpenStack Nova Compute Charm.

Kindly follow the guidelines for Submitting a software bug.