Charmcraft supports Kubernetes operator development.
This new release includes the following changes:
- Renamed back to
statusthe command to show channels and released revisions in Charmhub.
- Show to the user the returned error in case of rejected upload.
- Improved/updated the Bash Completion file according to current commands and their options.
Charmcraft enables collaboration between operator developers, and publication on Charmhub 1, home of the Open Operator Collection.
Use charmcraft to:
- Init a new charm file structure
- Build your operator into a charm for distribution
- Register your charm name on Charmhub
- Upload your charms to Charmhub
- Release your charms into channels
- Publish and fetch charm libraries
You can use charmcraft with operators written in any language but we recommend the Python Operator Framework on Github which is also on PyPI 1 for ease of development and collaboration.
Charmcraft and the Python Operator Framework extend the operator pattern beyond Kubernetes with universal operators that drive Linux and Windows apps. The universal operator pattern is very exciting for multi-cloud application management.