Dear community, we are happy to share that the charms for MySQL and PostgreSQL are now published in stable:
|Charm / Release notes||Version||Charm channel||Git||License|
|PostgreSQL K8s||14.9||14/stable (r158)||Sources||Apache 2.0|
|PgBouncer K8s||1.18||1/stable (r76)||Sources||Apache 2.0|
|PostgreSQL||14.9||14/stable (r336)||Sources||Apache 2.0|
|PgBouncer||1.18||1/stable (r77)||Sources||Apache 2.0|
|PostgreSQL Test App||0.1||latest/stable (r10)||Sources||Apache 2.0|
|MySQL K8s||8.0.34||8.0/stable (r99)||Sources||Apache 2.0|
|MySQL Router K8s||8.0.34||8.0/stable (r69)||Sources||Apache 2.0|
|MySQL||8.0.34||8.0/stable (r196)||Sources||Apache 2.0|
|MySQL Router||8.0.34||dpe/beta (r119)||Sources||Apache 2.0|
|MySQL Test App||0.2||latest/stable (r26)||Sources||Apache 2.0|
For a detailed list of the added features, please click on the concerned charm’s release note. The next section provides an overview on the main added functionalities.
- Support for Juju 3 and Juju secrets
- Workload minor version upgrade
- Observability stack (a.k.a. COS) integrations
- Support selected plugins for PostgreSQL
- Logs rotation and COS Loki support
- Configure exposed parameters
- Automatic tuning for charms defaults
Do not hesitate to check the other supported features by checking our previous announcement.
- MySQL + Router VM/K8s charms ship the latest MySQL “8.0.34-0ubuntu0.22.04.1”
- PostgreSQL VM/K8s charms ship the latest PostgreSQL “14.9-0ubuntu0.22.04.1”
- PgBouncer VM/K8s charms ship version “1.18.0” for PostgreSQL 14
- VM charms based on our SNAP (Ubuntu LTS “22.04” - core22-based)
- K8s charms based on our ROCK OCI (Ubuntu LTS “22.04” - ubuntu:22.04-based)
- Principal charms supports the latest LTS series “22.04” only.
- Subordinate charms support LTS “22.04” and “20.04” only.
We prepared for you the following manuals to simplify the migration to the modern charms (and there are already community success stories ):
- How-to use modern PostgreSQL K8s
- How-to use modern PostgreSQL
- How-to use modern MySQL K8s
- How-to use modern MySQL
- “MySQL Router” VM is pending migration to track 8.0 (currently used by legacy charm).
- PgBouncer VM provides legacy charm through latest/stable.
- PostgreSQL VM+K8s provides legacy charm through latest/stable.
Feel free to contact us, see details below, if you are considering migrating from other “legacy” charms.
Please consider opening a GitHub pull-request or issue if you want to contribute (using the “Sources” links above).
Dear Team, GREAT work results! YOU ROCK^w CHARM!