Microstack Ironic integration

Is there any guide to integrate ironic with Microstack?

Hi Juan

MicroStack is an all-in-one mini solution of OpenStack for one machine. I don’t think that really fits in with what ironic is, which is a bare metal provisioning service. (i.e. multiple machines). I’ll let @Dmitrii have the last word on the subject, though.

Charmed Openstack, however, does include provisioning machines with ironic via the ironic-api and ironic- conductor charms. You can get more details here as well.

Hope that helps.

I know Microstack is limited version, but I just want to integrate baremetal(physical servers) into neutron network just for testing purposes, trying to deploy image on one physical server through Open Source Mano(OSM)in order to test OpenAirInterface 5g. So some images may run on virtual machines and another in physical machine under the same neutron network. One physical node is enough to do the test. After that I can deploy by using charmed version (that is what I’m intended to do) over MaaS Cloud.

but I’m getting

# ConnectionFailed at /project/

Connection to neutron failed: HTTPConnectionPool(host='devtolu1-hp-envy-x360-convertible-15m-ed0xxx', port=9696): Max retries exceeded with url: /v2.0/extensions (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f1a7b8c40a0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused'))

|Request Method:|GET|
| --- | --- |
|Request URL:|http://10.20.20.1/project/|
|Django Version:|2.2.12|
|Exception Type:|ConnectionFailed|
|Exception Value:|Connection to neutron failed: HTTPConnectionPool(host='devtolu1-hp-envy-x360-convertible-15m-ed0xxx', port=9696): Max retries exceeded with url: /v2.0/extensions (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f1a7b8c40a0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused'))|
|Exception Location:|/snap/microstack/222/lib/python3.8/site-packages/neutronclient/client.py in _cs_request, line 113|
|Python Executable:|/snap/microstack/222/bin/uwsgi|
|Python Version:|3.8.5|
|Python Path:|['.', '', '/var/snap/microstack/common/etc/horizon/uwsgi/snap', '/usr/lib/python3.8', '/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages', '/snap/microstack/222/usr/lib/python3.8', '/snap/microstack/222/lib/python3.8/site-packages', '/snap/microstack/222/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages', '/snap/microstack/222/usr/lib/python38.zip', '/snap/microstack/222/usr/lib/python3.8/lib-dynload', '/snap/microstack/222/lib/python3.8/site-packages/openstack_dashboard']|