Microstack install error

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction? I’m attempting to install microstack on an Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop virtual machine and am getting the following error:

sudo snap install --beta --devmode microstack
error: cannot perform the following tasks:

• Start snap “microstack” (222) services ([start snap.microstack.load-modules.service] failed with exit status 1: Job for snap.microstack.load-modules.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
    See “systemctl status snap.microstack.load-modules.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.
    )

Jan 09 20:59:41 openstack systemd[1]: snap-microstack-222.mount: Succeeded.
– Subject: Unit succeeded
– Defined-By: systemd
– Support: http://www.ubuntu.com/support

– The unit snap-microstack-222.mount has successfully entered the ‘dead’ state.
Jan 09 20:59:41 openstack systemd[1783]: snap-microstack-222.mount: Succeeded.
– Subject: Unit succeeded
– Defined-By: systemd
– Support: http://www.ubuntu.com/support

– The unit UNIT has successfully entered the ‘dead’ state.
Jan 09 20:59:42 openstack systemd[1]: Reloading.
Jan 09 20:59:42 openstack systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/dbus.socket:5: ListenStream= references a path below legacy directory /var/run/, updating /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket → /run/dbus/system_bus>
Jan 09 20:59:42 openstack systemd[1]: Reloading.
Jan 09 20:59:42 openstack systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/dbus.socket:5: ListenStream= references a path below legacy directory /var/run/, updating /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket → /run/dbus/system_bus>
Jan 09 20:59:42 openstack snapd[7498]: handlers.go:496: Reported install problem for “microstack” as already-reported
Jan 09 20:59:42 openstack sudo[29368]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root
Jan 09 20:59:44 openstack ModemManager[965]: Couldn’t check support for device ‘/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:15.0/0000:03:00.0’: not supported by any plugin
Jan 09 21:03:40 openstack rtkit-daemon[1142]: Supervising 3 threads of 2 processes of 1 users.
Jan 09 21:03:40 openstack rtkit-daemon[1142]: Supervising 3 threads of 2 processes of 1 users.

Update: Nevermind: I was able to install after running an “apt-get update”

Nevermind. was able to install after running an “apt-get update”

I am having the same problem when executing sudo snap install --edge microstack
I try apt-get update, but I am guessing there is nothing to update.
OS
VERSION=“20.04.1 LTS (Focal Fossa)”
Command:
sudo snap install --edge microstack
error: cannot perform the following tasks:

• Start snap “microstack” (223) services ([start snap.microstack.load-modules.service] failed with exit status 1: Job for snap.microstack.load-modules.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
    See “systemctl status snap.microstack.load-modules.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.
    )

I have pretty much the same errors on journalctl

On Hardware:
Architecture: x86_64
CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order: Little Endian
Address sizes: 46 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
CPU(s): 32
On-line CPU(s) list: 0-31
Thread(s) per core: 2
Core(s) per socket: 8
Socket(s): 2
NUMA node(s): 2
Vendor ID: GenuineIntel
CPU family: 6
Model: 62
Model name: Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2650 v2 @ 2.60GHz

Hi Fernando,

You probably need to install using --devmode as work is needed to run under strict confinement.

sudo snap install microstack --devmode --beta

If you were curious and wanted to dig into the load modules further, it runs a modprobe command, so you could run that command manually. See: https://opendev.org/x/microstack/src/branch/master/snap-overlay/bin/load-modules

Corey