lxd container not communicating with juju cotroller

hi everyone, im new to openstack. im trying to deploy openstack using maas and juju controller. im following this guide “https://docs.openstack.org/project-deploy-guide/charm-deployment-guide/latest/install-maas.html” , installation is completed till settingup the “Nova Compute” service. when i try to deploy mysql-innodb-cluster using "juju deploy -n 3 --to lxd:0,lxd:1,lxd:2 --channel 8.0/stable mysql-innodb-cluster " , status remains “pending” and in message its showing “waiting for the machine” for juju status. after interacting with the lxd container. i can confirm that the container is only able to ping the host on which the container is deployed. other than that host the container is not communicating with other hosts even with the default gateway. i created a ovs bridge and named it as “br-ex” juju version “3.1.9-genericlinux-amd64” maas version “3.3.8” deployed os version “22.04”

Were all the bridges created on interfaces connected to the same VLAN?

Yes, all the vm are in same vlan. I used the command “juju ssh machine-id”, then ran the command, “lxc launch ubuntu:focal focal-1” , then executed bash in the above container, from the container I can ping all the vm’s in my network, but I can do the same thing from the lxd container deployed using juju, I can’t ping to any host/vm in my network other than the host in which the lxd container is deployed . Please help to resolve the issue. I’m searching through all the forums but didn’t found a fix

So between working and non-working containers, can you show an example of what’s in /etc/netplan/ and the output of ip a?

issue resolved. thank you for responding. the issue is with vmware. after settings this, lxd container is able to ping gateway and can communicate with juju controller.

2 Likes