Hi everyone, below you can find the updates from the Canonical Juju Team for the week starting on the 22/11/2021. Have a great weekend!
No PRs from me this week, have been working on:
- Adding blocking to pebble on shutdown for charm code to have a chance to run teardown hooks.
- Adjusting how sidecar charms terminate to ensure hooks run in all scale down scenarios.
- Various PR reviews, testing etc.
This week fixed a few issues for sidecar applications:
- Finished and merged Pebble auto-restart and backoff functionality: https://github.com/canonical/pebble/pull/79
- Implemented Pebble custom health checks management: https://github.com/canonical/pebble/pull/85
- Implemented health checks API and CLI (work in progress): https://github.com/canonical/pebble/pull/86
- Initial scaffolding for the dqlite work (cluster management worker, REPL over unix socket and a tee-ing logsink for persisting ingested logs to dqlite) #1350
- Worked on giving the Juju OLM docs landing page a face lift. Not live yet but this and more along these lines coming soon.
- Routine improvements to a variety of docs.
- Pulled more docs from Discourse into Juju docs.
- Discovered a bunch of tutorials on Discourse. Thinking about how best to fit them into Juju docs.
- customer support work
- fix for configuring mongo replicaset on nodes with multiple addresses
- add logging to record execution of txn pruner
- fix permission error removing unattached storage
- fix for upgrading sidecar k8s charms with storage
- remove bogus warnings removing storage attachments
- investigate model watcher behaviour to diagnose client issue and add new test to verify behaviour
- identify issue with libjuju use of juju watchers
- juju 2.9.20 candidate release