Hi everyone, below you can find the updates from the Canonical Juju Team for the week starting on the 15/11/2021. Have a great weekend!
Short week for me.
- Fix juju trust lost when updating app config #13488 LP1948496
- Fix juju bootstrap with juju-db snap where the service is not enabled on the controller #13508
- Working on teardown issues on sidecar charms (both scale down and remove-application) where teardown hooks are either not run or the workload containers are already gone.
- extra test coverage added when diagnosing bug
- various customer support tasks
- diagnose machine teardown issue with broken storage on a production cloud; facilitated db surgery to fix the problem and did a fix in case it happens again
- remove legacy cross model relations code and add upgrade step to deal with the issue
- support for beta1 ingress resources on k8s 1.22
- Investigation into outage in prodstack clouds.
- Work on watcher API design on top of dqlite.
- Preliminary work for performing a basic scale test using dqlite as the store for collected Juju logs.
- Investigating a series of issues around juju deploy of a bundle. A fix for LP 1950237 is forthcoming, .
- Prep work for improving documentation of juju, charms and LXD profiles.
- Investing requirements and use cases for multiple lxd profiles in a charm. Use cases welcome.
- Release candidate snap for Juju 2.9.19 is ready and currently being QAed.
- Big thing for this week:
asynciostuff has landed. Event & task handling straigthened up. [PR #580]
- An integration test for testing with the Juju
edgehas been added to jenkins (next to the already existing tests with Juju stable). [PR #677]
- Some small bug fixes like [PR #589]
– coming up:
- Working on an internal Canonical cloud outage. We have a Mongo cluster changing leader frequently, causing controller issues.
- Fixed a potential source of panics that can result from DB issues in the course of investigating the outage above.
- Further work on this patch addressing orphaned network configuration data.
- Investigated issues around storage attachments manifest in different scenarios.