Hi everyone, below you can find the updates from the Canonical Juju Team for the week starting on the 01/11/2021. Have a great weekend!
- juju 2.9.18 candidate release
- juju 2.8.12 candidate release
- more work on the juju secrets spec
- log trawling and database analysis to diagnose customer issue
- extra logging in cross model workers
- started restructure of k8s controller set up to support controller charm
- Finished and merged Python Operator Framework PR 655: Exec test fixes and “for line in process.stdout” fix
- Updated Pebble “terminal” parameter to “use-terminal” and added “interactive” parameter. https://github.com/canonical/pebble/pull/81
- Started reworking Pebble
ServiceManagerto use a state machine and adding auto-restart and backoff functionality
- Lots of looking back and planning ahead, both content and workflow.
- Started working on Juju interactive training materials.
- Load testing Raft lease API implementation.
- Locating issues with mongo underload
- Removed independent logging for leases and using the current machine log/mongo logging for better performance.
- Have been analyzing AWS permissions needed by Juju to develop a concrete controller policy.
- Work on fixing CAAS tests in CI
- Patch that ensures greater logging detail output for sidecar-based K8s charms. There have been several reports of such units intermittently failing to deploy.
- Patch for ensuring that machine removal does not leave orphaned provider ID references for link-layer devices.
- Landed the patch for fixing container NIC MTUs when using Fan networking.
Work towards improving parallelization of instance start/stop logic in provisioning worker.