Hi everyone, below you can find the updates from the Canonical Juju Team for the week starting on the 04/10/2021. Have a great weekend!
- Assisting resolve issues related to CMR in the field.
- Backing ported juju metrics to 2.9, working on related discourse post.
- Fixing upgrade issue from 2.9 to develop.
- Pushed through PR 13394 that now allows Juju controllers to use Instance Profile credentials for Juju operations.
- Wrote a small how to use Instance Profile doc that summaries current features. (To be linked soon)
- Updated Instance Profile spec.
- juju 2.9.16 release candidate
- various site support issues
- fix a k8s error message that got broken adding a model to an existing namespace
- fix apparmor spam issue with juju-db snap by repacking the snap to include required interfaces (we can’t publish the snap to stable yet as we need an upgrade plan)
- package juju-db snap build on mongodb 5
- fix bootstrapping to a focal LXC controller on an impish host
- fix issue updating controller-url attribute on controller charm for juju 3 (needed for new juju dashboard)
- fix upgrade step used to remove orphaned consumer app proxies used by cross model relations
- Spent some time on routine doc revisions.
- Spent a lot of time on the SDK docs, to better understand (a) how they fit into the Juju story and (b) how they can be refiled and restructured according to Diataxis.
- Implemented marshaling/unmarshaling logic for the
assumesblock syntax (charm metadata).
pylibjuju this week:
- Local resources in sidecar charms work [PR]
- Better auto-resolve the config dir [PR]
- Backups are working [PR]
- worked on implementing