Hi everyone, below you can find the updates from the Canonical Juju Team for the week starting on the 20/09/2021. Have a great weekend!
worked public and private OCI registry support for:
- merged to 2.9:
- work in progress: AWS
- Reworked Pebble one-shot commands implementation based on review feedback.
- Pebble: show process’s last output in error message when service exits quickly.
- Updates to service restarting and health checks spec based on discussion.
- Fixed race condition causing intermittent test failure in secretrotate tests.
Busy week, but mostly just continuing on trust issues on Kubernetes.
- This week I’ve been putting the finishing touches on the Raft API changes. I’m currently in the process of testing the changes in terms of resource usages and early next week scale testing to uncover any potential issues. #13356
- Ongoing CI work to improve the windows boxes.
- PR #13357 further reduces
juju deploytimes for charmstore-hosted bundles when the async download flag is enabled (now 10x faster compared to the default, synchronous deployment mode).
- Completed the proposal for improving Juju’s data access model. It has been circulated to the Juju team to collect preliminary feedback and will be shared with a larger group over the course of the following weeks.
Added or updated TOCs and some content across the cloud tutorials. Working on streamlining the cloud posts into one master tutorial + connected how-to and reference guides.
- Specification refinement and discussion around networking and persistence.
- Fixed a bug where searching for LXD images was yielding unusable VM images.
- Other mechanical code work and test harness fixes.