Hi everyone, below you can find the updates from the Canonical Juju Team for the week starting on the 13/09/2021. Have a great weekend!
- Investigation and reproducing of some CMR issues.
- Started feature work on metrics for charmhub charms, initial pr up to replace current functionality. Enhancement next.
- Landed work from last week for deploy and export of bundles with revision tags for charms.
- Finished reworking Pebble service restarting / checks spec per feedback: clarifying concepts, moving many fields under services to under the checks list, more thorough config spec. Separated out signal handling into separate specs (JU029 and JU030).
- Updates to Pebble one-shot commands implementation based on Gustavo’s review feedback.
- Investigated not vendoring websocket-client library in Python Operator Framework one-shot commands implementation. Summary here.
- Discussed a possible recursive list-files API endpoint for Pebble.
worked public and private OCI registry support for:
- helped with 2.9.14 release
- do PR to wire up secret rotation hook
- do PR for a worker to trigger when secrets need to be rotated
- fix cross model issue dealing with connections when removing an offer
- fix Azure integration test
- fix regression deploying on k8s
- more investigation to identify a root cause cross model relations issue on site
Fleshed out the high level API / interfaces for the Juju data access model proposal.
Another shorter week with a regional holiday.
- Review and discussion of patches for Raft client rework.
- All-but finished first draft of specification for new Juju networking model.
Sort OLM posts into Daniele’s categories. For posts with mixed content, break up into multiple posts. Current attempts to go live on Discourse at the beginning of next week.
- Breaking down the PoC PR into smaller easier to review PRs, allowing for better feedback.
- Additional deep-diving into raft, looking at pre-voting campaigns.
Work on AWS Instance Profiles.
- Landed PR: https://github.com/juju/juju/pull/13302
- Started work on next Instance Profile stage for introducing a new Juju credential type.