Hi everyone, below you can find the updates from the Canonical Juju Team for the week starting on the 13/06/2022. Have a great weekend!
Various things related to picking up Achilleas’s async bundle deploy and deploy speed improvements:
- Re-enabled HTTP keep-alives in
github.com/juju/httpnow that the net/http bug is fixed (as of Go 1.6): https://github.com/juju/http/pull/10 and https://github.com/juju/juju/pull/14157
- Fixed type of MetadataYAML and ConfigYAML fields in Charmhub struct: https://github.com/juju/juju/pull/14139
- Measured speed of deploying large bundles so we can improve it (see results)
- Started work to reuse HTTP client (and connections) when hitting Charmhub API: Bug #1979024 “Reuse HTTP client (and connections) when hitting C...” : Bugs : juju
- Reviewed/updated/archived/listed/planned future work on ~30 docs. (thanks to Juju team & Operator Framework team!)
- Merged the LXD / MicroK8s tutorial into a single unified OLM tutorial. (special thanks to @fernape )
- Updated the SDK Reference & How-to guide on overlay bundles. (special thanks to @pmatulis )
- Updated Juju command summary page to tabulate command, effect, and aliases.
- 2.9.32 candidate release. This was delayed a week as there were various upstream changes in some of the tooling to sort out
- update Azure provider to use new Microsoft SDK. This is a significant upstream change that doesn’t et cover all APIs that we use, so more work will be needed at some point when the SDK is further updated
- Patch to avoid unecessary JSON encoding for RPC requests when the logging level is less verbose than DEBUG. This should improve Juju performance/resource consumption.
- Fix for situations where upgrade-series completion hooks need resolution, but upon resolution, unit agents cannot advance the upgrade-series workflow.