Juju openstack deployment error

Howdy,

First time deploying openstack and doing some research I figured using Juju was the most easy way to get started. However, I’m getting an error when trying to deploy it.

When typing juju status during the initial deployment I’ve noticed that the mysql cluster is failing on one node and ‘waiting for machine.’

mysql-innodb-cluster/0*  waiting   idle        0/lxd/0  172.16.7.34            'cluster' incomplete, Not all 
instances configured for clustering
mysql-innodb-cluster/1   waiting   idle        1/lxd/0  172.16.7.35            'cluster' incomplete, Instance 
not yet configured for clustering
mysql-innodb-cluster/2   waiting   allocating  2/lxd/0                         waiting for machine

I ssh’d into the machine to check the logs, and the juju machine log shows:

020-12-11 08:01:28 INFO juju.container-setup container_initialisation.go:109 initial container setup 
with ids: [2/lxd/0]
2020-12-11 08:01:28 INFO juju.packaging.manager utils.go:64 Running: snap info lxd
2020-12-11 08:01:28 INFO juju.container.lxd initialisation_linux.go:295 LXD snap is already installed     
(channel: latest/stable); skipping package installation
2020-12-11 08:01:28 WARNING juju.container-setup container_initialisation.go:138 not stopping 
machine agent container watcher due to error: setting up container dependencies on host 
machine: Get "http://unix.socket/1.0"
: dial unix /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/unix.socket: connect: connection refused
2020-12-11 08:01:28 ERROR juju.container-setup container_initialisation.go:117 starting container 
provisioner for lxd: setting up container dependencies on host machine: Get 
"http://unix.socket/1.0": dial unix /var/snap
/lxd/common/lxd/unix.socket: connect: connection refused

When I type LXD it shows this:

EROR[12-11|08:47:37] Failed to start the daemon: failed to open cluster database: failed to ensure 
schema: failed to update node version info: updated 0 rows instead of 1

So now the deployment is completely stuck. So question is how can I fix this and move forward.

Thanks!

Btw I’m using this guide to deploy. I’m using Focal.

Hello @martijnk! Thank you for the question.

It looks like something may have broken w/ lxd on the host. Are you running low on disk space or memory? If you do journalctl -xe on the host machine, do you see errors related to lxd?

If there aren’t any obvious global lxd errors, you may try doing juju remove-unit mysql-innodb-cluster/2, waiting for the unit to be removed, then running juju add-unit mysql-innodb-cluster to clear the error and get yourself back to a three unit mysql cluster.

1 Like

Yeah weird it was a new deployment. I ended up doing just that and it fixed it.

Thanks!