Juju Documentation Call Out

Hello :wave:

The Juju documentation is ridiculously good.

In days past, I would receive negative feedback (for various reasons) about the Juju documentation. New users would abandon Juju, purely due to the fact that they couldn’t understand how to use it or because documentation was out of date/inaccurate.

Today, when I point people to the Juju docs, I receive feedback about how thorough, accurate, well-organized, and accessible the documentation is.

The Juju docs now set the standard for good documentation.

I feel that the new documentation is a success story for Juju, and is a massive (180-degree) improvement from previous iterations.

I want to thank everyone involved in improving the “Juju Experience” by effectively and accurately communicating tutorials, how-to guides, technical references, and explanations ( Diátaxis). It is truly a blessing to have such talented, dedicated, and hard-working individuals investing in the Juju community and ecosystem.

Turning new users onto Juju is an entirely different experience now, largely due to the improved docs.

Thank you @tmihoc, @danieleprocida, and everyone else involved!

12 Likes

This is really lovely to read, and I appreciate it a lot.

And while it’s true I’ve made my bit of contribution, I think everyone is surely aware that these efforts have been led by Teodora, who has worked tirelessly with the team and community to achieve the results.

Now I am off to get this printed onto a banner to hang off my balcony, because anyone who works in documentation lives for feedback like this.

5 Likes

+1. Some incredible dedication from @tmihoc over the past months, so thank you!

@jamesbeedy I’m glad you’re finding it such an improvement, this is great to hear!

2 Likes

This is good to hear. Thank you so much, @jamesbeedy!

2 Likes

I have to add in to this. I have been a large voice over the years on how Juju-docs has been messy and with low quality.

However, at the current state - Juju documentation is really, really, setting a wonderful standard as how it is well structured, easy to find, very much updated and perhaps most important - actively and vigorously maintained! There is still alot to do, but as it stands now - the docs of Juju is in a better state than ever!

Its wonderful to see this massive change to the better. Its setting an example as @jamesbeedy wrote in the top post.

As a community member, I know how hard some of you guys are working on improving the documentation and how rough it can be to hear our frustration about docs not being to our liking. So, this is a call-out to you guys. Your efforts are making such an impact and your level of professionalism is fantastic.

image You rock the doc!

@tmihoc @danieleprocida @jose @jnsgruk @hmlanigan @sabdfl Probably many more should be attributed!

4 Likes