Juju controller error 500

I am trying to configure a setup with MAAS and Juju. I have MAAS configured with a rack + controller with 4 nodes that works perfectly, on another computer I want to install Juju and all connected in a class A network.

When executing the command “juju bootstrap maas-cloud” it throws the following error;

ERROR failed to bootstrap model: cannot start bootstrap instance: failed to acquire node: unexpected: ServerError: 500 Internal Server Error (list index out of range)

I’ve searched for the error and I can’t find it, any help or guidance would be appreciated.

1 Like

This looks like a MAAS error and not a juju error.

Can you tell us the MAAS and Juju version you’re running?

It might also be worth asking on https://discourse.maas.io/

Thanks for answering!!

MAAS: 3.1.0 JUJU: 2.9.22

I’m going to ask at discourse maas

Can you try post a debug output, it helps to see if there is any problems.

juju deploy tiny-bash --debug

or

juju add-machine <name-of-machine-in-maas>

Can you deploy a MAAS node manually?

Does the MAAS server reply good on the API endpoint?

Hi, thanks for replying, and sorry for the late reply, I’ve been busy at work.

This is what the terminal prints for me;

user@machine:~$ juju bootstrap maas-cloud Creating Juju controller “maas-cloud-default” on maas-cloud/default Looking for packaged Juju agent version 2.9.25 for amd64 Located Juju agent version 2.9.25-ubuntu-amd64 at https://streams.canonical.com/juju/tools/agent/2.9.25/juju-2.9.25-ubuntu-amd64.tgz Launching controller instance(s) on maas-cloud/default… ERROR failed to bootstrap model: cannot start bootstrap instance: failed to acquire node: unexpected: ServerError: 500 Internal Server Error (list index out of range)

user@machine:~$ juju deploy tiny-bash --debug ERROR No controllers registered.

Please either create a new controller using “juju bootstrap” or connect to another controller that you have been given access to using “juju register”.

user@machine:~$ juju add-machine hip-elf ERROR No controllers registered.

Please either create a new controller using “juju bootstrap” or connect to another controller that you have been given access to using “juju register”.

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, I thought I understood the documentation but apparently not

This tells me something goes wrong in your maas.

Can you deploy machines via maas only?

Hi @crfigueroa,

Have you found any solution to the problem? Did you restart any of the components? Was the problem related maas or juju?

1 Like

Hi @hypeitnow

In the end it was a network problem and I solved it. Also thank you all for your responses.

A hug to all!