JUJU installed

$:juju version
2.7.6-focal-amd64

on MAAS gui

but after the bootstrap, using the following command:

`$: juju bootstrap maas-cloud maas-cloud-controller --debug 
....`

but I’ve received this error:

13:00:20 ERROR juju.cmd.juju.commands bootstrap.go:776 failed to bootstrap model: cannot start bootstrap instance: unexpected: ServerError: 400 Bad Request ({"distro_series": ["'**bionic**' is not a valid distro_series.  It should be one of: '', 'ubuntu/focal'."]})

All lab is based on Ubuntu 20.04 and I can’t understand because it signed me “bionic” when it isn’t present… someone can help me? thanks

Juju takes a conservative approach in swapping to a new LTS. The policy has been that we wait until the .1 release until we swap over by default. Hence Juju by default still chooses bionic for now. You can ask Juju bootstrap on focal by using the --bootstrap-series arg to juju bootstrap.

2 Likes

thank you, using that command the bootstrap complete all tasks

$: juju bootstrap --bootstrap-series=focal maas-cloud maas-cloud-controller --debug

Screenshot%20from%202020-04-26%2018-19-40

at the end that’s right

but the installation of its gui at moment is in error

@hatch might be able to help with this one?

The Juju GUI is being replaced in 2.8 with the new Dashboard.

I’m guessing they have not yet updated the Juju CLI.

1 Like

Sorry you’re running into this. I’ll look into what’s causing this problem, in the mean time you can deploy the GUI manually to your controller by downloading the latest release from https://github.com/juju/juju-gui/releases and then running juju upgrade-gui path/to/tarball

1 Like

thanks a lot.
I’ll install it soon on my lab. :wink:

Hi Everyone I’m new to JUJU,MAAS and Openstack I’m using ubuntu 20.04 but juju bootstrap gives me the error

09:33:08 ERROR juju.cmd.juju.commands bootstrap.go:883 failed to bootstrap model: bootstrap instance started but did not change to Deployed state: instance “hkw4mt” failed to deploy can anyone help