Here’s a summary of the work done for the week starting 2022-07-04 by IS and the new IS Charms team related to juju and charming.
- Bug fix to the Jenkins charm to address the fact that pkg.jenkins-ci.org has been removed as a mirror for pkg.jenkins.io - https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins-charm/pull/122
- PR against Jenkins charm adding charmcraft.yaml so we can use
charmcraft packto build. Got that landed and released to the stable channel as revision 38.
- Confirmed you can currently release a charm that requires resources with charmcraft without including those resources. Confirmed with the Starcraft team whether that was expected, which turns out to be Bug #1951271 “Restrict charm releases that do not include resour...” : Bugs : Snap Store Server - will be following up on this. This had come up because we’d seen a problem from some developers at Canonical trying to deploy prometheus2, which has been published without the correct resources associated.
- Upgraded 48 juju controllers to 2.9.32, ran into a problem with only internal IP addresses being visible - Bug #1980731 “RFC1918 IPs in public address in AWS after 2.9.32 ...” : Bugs : juju. Turned out to be EC2 Classic instances.
- Virtual sprint involving IS and Juju looking into some ongoing performance issues on juju controllers.
- Filed https://github.com/canonical/operator/issues/794 “Adding a relation with empty dataset doesn’t trigger relation-changed hook in test harness”
- Enabled the piwik plugin on the indico charm we’re working on (we’ll likely need to expose options for this plugin in the future when that becomes possible upstream) and polling for customization changes.
- Landed mattermost charm image updates which would allow us to build Mattermost with custom themes applied directly in the Dockerfile, but currently failing to build on Launchpad, most likely due to overly aggressive parallelisation during npm install. Looking at how we can update the Dockerfile to restrict parallelisation.