Install MicroStack with apache2 support

Hi!
Then install microstack with sudo microstack init --auto --control it gets stuck with Command ‘snapctl start microstack.nginx --enable’ returned non-zero exit status 1.
Its because apache2 service already started on control server so need to stop it by sudo service apache2 stop or disable for future use of microstack.

1. Is it possible to use apache2, not nginx, for microstack installation from snap?
  2. If multi-node install… I hope sudo microstack init --auto --compute --join <connection-string> not needed nginx at compute node and not need to stop apache2 at compute node. Or I’m wrong? Otherwise cant install microstack on compute node with this hard dependencies (if this not configurable).

Apologies for the delayed response. I suspect the problem is due to the port conflict in the ports that are used by the apache service and the nginx service used for the OpenStack Dashboard.

Unfortunately, Microstack is not currently able to configure an apache service running on the host itself. You can control set the port used by the openstack dashboard service by running sudo snap set microstack config.network.ports.dashboard=<your port> prior to running the init. If the control node is already initialized, you’ll need to restart the nginx service afterwards using sudo snap restart microstack.nginx

I missed this, in September, but I second @billy-olsen’s answer.

Microstack doesn’t run apache2, and I don’t think that it should ever grow that capability. But it can be polite and use different ports, if you ask it to do so.