Hidden MongoDB after closing latest

After performing:

charmcraft close mongodb latest
charmcraft close mongodb latest/stable
charmcraft close mongodb latest/edge

MongoDB is no longer visible on charmhub - you can still access the charms homepage via URL

More info: From what we can tell the charm is listed:

curl https://api.charmhub.io/v2/charms/info/mongodb?fields=result.unlisted
{"id":"Jfd56ZWJ9IaNHuPjXVLP9d9Xa2XMTSKp","name":"mongodb","result":{"unlisted":false},"type":"charm"}

and from what we can tell there is a default channel:

curl https://api.charmhub.io/v2/charms/info/mongodb?fields=default-release.channel | jq
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100   271  100   271    0     0   1022      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  1022
{
  "default-release": {
    "channel": {
      "base": {
        "architecture": "amd64",
        "channel": "20.04",
        "name": "ubuntu"
      },
      "name": "3.6/stable",
      "released-at": "2023-02-14T08:43:33.580737+00:00",
      "risk": "stable",
      "track": "3.6"
    }
  },
  "id": "Jfd56ZWJ9IaNHuPjXVLP9d9Xa2XMTSKp",
  "name": "mongodb",
  "type": "charm"
}

Two questions:

1. How can we make MonogDB visible?
  2. Why are their no series specified for 3.6 on charmhub - at a glance they are specified in the metadata.yaml in the source code?

Hi, charms need a release in latest/stable in order to be findable. So when you closed latest/stable you made it unfindable :frowning:

I donā€™t remember if the rule is actually ā€œa release in the default trackā€™s stable riskā€ - if you like I can try setting a default track for the charm (which means this is what youā€™d get if you do a naked juju install mongodb) and see if that lets it be found again.

I donā€™t fully understand what youā€™re asking here. What were you expecting to see on the charmhub page? (I thought it was due to lack of default-release but your API output shows there is a default-release item).

• Daniel

ā€¦ if you like I can try setting a default track for the charmā€¦

Yes, please. Set the default track 3.6 for charm mongodb (as it has stable risk) to make charm searchable again.

We are planning to release stable risk for track 5 soon. We will create a separate request to change the default track when ready.

I donā€™t fully understand what youā€™re asking here. What were you expecting to see on the charmhub page?

Mia was referencing to the empty ā€œRun onā€ fields on charmhub:

Hello :slight_smile: Iā€™ve set 3.6 as the default track for mongodb.

I think this should make the charm searchable, but the thing that needs to trigger only triggers when a release is made, not when a default track is set (which I did horribly directly in my database, of course that wouldnā€™t trigger anything). Could you perhaps re-release revision 97 to 3.6/stable? I would expect that to update our search database with the correct flag thingy.

• Daniel

We have released the new revision to 5/edge and mongodb charm resurrected in search: image

The topic can be closed. Tnx!

Perfection! thanks!

• Daniel
1 Like