Hidden MongoDB after closing latest

After performing:

charmcraft close mongodb latest
charmcraft close mongodb latest/stable
charmcraft close mongodb latest/edge

MongoDB is no longer visible on charmhub - you can still access the charms homepage via URL

More info: From what we can tell the charm is listed:

curl https://api.charmhub.io/v2/charms/info/mongodb?fields=result.unlisted
{"id":"Jfd56ZWJ9IaNHuPjXVLP9d9Xa2XMTSKp","name":"mongodb","result":{"unlisted":false},"type":"charm"}

and from what we can tell there is a default channel:

curl https://api.charmhub.io/v2/charms/info/mongodb?fields=default-release.channel | jq
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100   271  100   271    0     0   1022      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  1022
{
  "default-release": {
    "channel": {
      "base": {
        "architecture": "amd64",
        "channel": "20.04",
        "name": "ubuntu"
      },
      "name": "3.6/stable",
      "released-at": "2023-02-14T08:43:33.580737+00:00",
      "risk": "stable",
      "track": "3.6"
    }
  },
  "id": "Jfd56ZWJ9IaNHuPjXVLP9d9Xa2XMTSKp",
  "name": "mongodb",
  "type": "charm"
}

Two questions:

1. How can we make MonogDB visible?
  2. Why are their no series specified for 3.6 on charmhub - at a glance they are specified in the metadata.yaml in the source code?

Hi, charms need a release in latest/stable in order to be findable. So when you closed latest/stable you made it unfindable :frowning:

I don’t remember if the rule is actually “a release in the default track’s stable risk” - if you like I can try setting a default track for the charm (which means this is what you’d get if you do a naked juju install mongodb) and see if that lets it be found again.

I don’t fully understand what you’re asking here. What were you expecting to see on the charmhub page? (I thought it was due to lack of default-release but your API output shows there is a default-release item).

• Daniel

… if you like I can try setting a default track for the charm…

Yes, please. Set the default track 3.6 for charm mongodb (as it has stable risk) to make charm searchable again.

We are planning to release stable risk for track 5 soon. We will create a separate request to change the default track when ready.

I don’t fully understand what you’re asking here. What were you expecting to see on the charmhub page?

Mia was referencing to the empty “Run on” fields on charmhub:

Hello :slight_smile: I’ve set 3.6 as the default track for mongodb.

I think this should make the charm searchable, but the thing that needs to trigger only triggers when a release is made, not when a default track is set (which I did horribly directly in my database, of course that wouldn’t trigger anything). Could you perhaps re-release revision 97 to 3.6/stable? I would expect that to update our search database with the correct flag thingy.

• Daniel

We have released the new revision to 5/edge and mongodb charm resurrected in search: image

The topic can be closed. Tnx!

Perfection! thanks!

• Daniel
1 Like