Error connecting to Object Gateway on charm deployed Ceph Dashboard

Hello,

I just redeployed a Ceph cluster with the osd, mon, dashboard and radosgw charms (from quincy/stable) perfectly functional a few days ago, and now almost everything is going as well as before, except for the last point.

After setting the RGW credentials in the dashboard (ceph dashboard set-rgw-credentials), for all object storage functions I only see the error message The Object Gateway Service is not configured - Error connecting to Object Gateway. This worked perfectly in an identical deploy made last week.

Investigating, I discovered that the same error is being experienced in other ways of deploying, according to the following GitHub threads 1 2. There they attribute it to a mon/dashboard problem detecting the correct RGW endpoint (IP instead of hostname) that generates problems when SSL is used in RGW (this is my case). The problem persists even when I disable SSL certificate verification from the dashboard (ceph dashboard set-rgw-api-ssl-verify False).

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Any ideas on how to get around it through configurations in the charms? Exploring the configuration files generated by the charm templates, I cannot identify where the hostname or IP corresponding to the RGW endpoint is detected/specified

(My currently installed dashboard version is 17.2.6 (d7ff0d10654d2280e08f1ab989c7cdf3064446a5) quincy (stable))

Thanks