ERROR cannot deploy bundle cs:mysql-innodb-cluster-24 resource "mysql-shell": bad metadata: resource missing filename

I’m not sure that’s true. see Juju-log Unable to find implementation for relation: requires of juju-info - Charmhub

I’m stuck on juju-info … although that could be a bug in mysql 8.0/stable

juju_info was a red herring. It is not an issue.

The solution was to use ch:mysql-router and ch:mysql-innodb-cluster and channel 8.0 stable AND set all units to use one network space for everything. Perhaps that was overkill, but at least I have a successful deployment now using my original bundle with only mysql tweaked and a new overlay.

FYI mixing cs:mysql-router-xxx and ch:mysql-router 8.0/stable failed in weird ways (mysql-router throwing exceptions).

Thanks to all the people that offered advice.

Awesome. I’m glad you got it to work!

Thank you for your work on this open source project.

I’m very frustrated with what should be a no brainer operation that has worked in the past.

I’m experiencing the same issues. No change on our part but the deployment infrastructure at charm whatever seems to break my deployment attempts. It seems like breaking changes are being applied to existing versioned resources or something is silently upgrading behind the scenes before it’s ready for prime time.

Its very frustrating that the deployment services seem to be treated like a test bed.

As an example, soon after installing Juju for the first time, juju GUI image artifacts started returning 404. Juju GUI image artifacts have been broken for several months now.

Is the solution to the mysql issue to use CH instead of CS? What’s the difference? Where is the info that details this change?

Thanks for your help and support.

Hi, this problem was exceptionally caused by a change in track number for the MySQL charms (8.0.19 to 8.0) in combination with how Launchpad charm building handles charm resources.

Deploy/upgrade charms mysql-router and mysql-innodb-cluster to channel 8.0/stable. So, yes, use the Charmhub (ch) via the ch: prefix.

To deploy:

juju deploy --channel 8.0/stable ch:mysql-router ...
juju deploy --channel 8.0/stable ch:mysql-innodb-cluster ...

This fixed my deployment problem!

Thanks!

1 Like