Join another community session, this friday we will look into a project making coffee with Juju!
@pedroleaoc takes us on an adventure through hardware, open-source IoT - to brew coffee!
We will see some Kubernetes, clouds and the “Barista” K8s operator charm to control coffee machines!
WHEN: Friday October 29:th 2021, Time: 09:00AM UTC.
Link to google meeting: https://meet.google.com/hfr-yzhq-rps
This is what we’ll cover:
In this technical session, you will see and learn about:
- Open source, cloud native coffee making
- Programming an ESP8266 microcontrollers to hack appliances machine
- Using Juju and Charmed Operators
- Developing an interactive user interface with Flutter, Ubuntu Core, Ubuntu Frame and Raspberry Pis
- Cloud Native observability with Prometheus, Grafana and MicroK8s
- How to scale device and server applications using Kubernetes
Ideally prepare BEFORE the workshop to be more up to speed.
Setup your juju client and connect to a cloud. Here are instructions for two public clouds:
Using your own private cloud (lxd, vshpere, maas or openstack) is of course cool.
Please ping in the thread if you intend to join so that I know if I got a crowd or not!