[community workshop] Openstack & Juju - production deploy experiences

Join another community session on getting started with Juju and meet with the community

Friday November 5:th 2021 Time: 09:00AM UTC. Link to google meeting: https://meet.google.com/pcm-eeyg-mkf

In this workshop @hallback will share some tips and tricks learned during two years of using Juju in daily operations running OpenStack and Ceph in production. The focus will of course be on Juju, and the intention is to provide a small toolbox and present some usable charms that can make your daily work even more awesome.

The workshop will be in an operations context, using MAAS, LXD and OpenStack as clouds in Juju.

• Managing your Juju controllers (backups, clustering)
  • Running multi cloud controllers
  • Monitoring machines and units using Nagios, Telegraf, Prometheus and Grafana
  • Relations and spaces
  • Bundles
  • Basic troubleshooting
  • Managing upgrades

No preparations or specific OpenStack skills are needed, just join, listen and feel free to share your tips and tricks!

Please put a note up if you intend to join!

3 Likes

@tmihoc @pedroleaoc @lasse @anastasia-macmood - perhaps you could help us reach out to the openstack community? That would be amazing.

2 Likes

I’ll be there! PS I’ve also let the OpenStack and Ceph folks know.

1 Like

Very nice but where is the link ??

2 Likes

@hallback will provide one and I’ll update the post once I have it. Should be soon.

2 Likes

Hi! Here’s the link: https://meet.google.com/pcm-eeyg-mkf

3 Likes

Too early for me. Can it be recorded?

1 Like

Its in there now m8! Hope to see you friday!

It would be great, but I’ve got no prior experience in recording these things… If someone has the experience and can do it, its for sure a good thing as long as consent is given to do it from the participants.

@erik-lonroth I would be happy to join. Could you please let me know how long is it expected to be?

1 Like

I think I can do that quite easily if I create the call with my Canonical account. Do you mind if I replace your meeting link for one that I create? It would still be public, of course.

1 Like

It usually lasts 1 1/2 hours, Tytus.

1 Like

@pmatulis @pedroleaoc we will not record the session this time since we can’t get the full consent from at least one participant.

I always practice consent to create a good setting for everyone who can join live.

With that said, I hope we can get more community sessions going in more timezones to allow more participation. Lets talk about how we can achieve that.

1 Like

Sounds good. I am particularly interested in any pain points that may be mentioned in regards to Charmed OpenStack. One of my objectives is to remove them.

2 Likes

@pmatulis hope you can join us some day despite the different timezones. I know from discussions with @hallback its not trivial to get going with it and I’m sure you would be able to get both help and feedback. :mountain:

Just a heads up, the workshop is in 30 minutes. I just realized that 9:00 UTC is one hour earlier than last week in my local time.

1 Like

Just realized that too. Everyone, it’s happening in 1 minute!

1 Like