We’ve let these updates slide a couple of weeks I believe (holidays, heat, summer…) But I think it’s time to pick them up again
This week I:
- made some progress typing
ops/testing.py, the last major file to be typed in ops.
- poked some holes in
- released some minor new features to jhack:
- jhack tail now has a ‘filter-event’ option to pass a regex to filter which events to listen to
- jhack tail, show-relation and nuke now have a ‘color’ option to configure the color profile or disable it entirely (for readability on certain terminals).
- Worked on a strictly-confined jhack snap. Now ready and awaiting manual review from the snapcraft folks
- typed up some notes of this adventure: How to wrap the juju client in a strictly confined snap
- Polished up a little bit Getting started with charm testing , started circulating it internally
- took a deep dive with Robert and Gustavo to discuss the last details of ops.Secrets
- worked on a presentation about developer experience and debugging ergonomics
- helped here and there
- interview duty
- Fixed storage testing issue via #820 - thanks to @ppasotti for the detailed report.
- Did github housekeeping and triage (reviewed #811 and #814, consolidated #747 and #767, triaged networking bug, etc.)
- Finished drafting ops secrets spec. got preliminary approval from G
- Started working on ops secrets implementation - making good progress so far.
- Made some updates to pebble log forwarding spec after discussion with Ben. Scheduled meeting next week with G, Simon, and friends to try to finalize a few remaining “big” decisions there.
- Got a working prototype pebble log forwarding impl that works with both syslog and loki push API.
- Booked travel for fall sprints.
- interview stuff