Charmed Kubeflow Dex Microsoft connector issue

Hi there,

I have configured Charmed Kubeflow 1.6 to use the Microsoft Dex connector.

The authentication is fine but once authenticated, I am redirected back to the Dex URL instead of the Kubeflow URL.

This means the user manually has to go back to the Kubeflow URL even though it’s asking them to login again.

Is anyone else hitting this issue?

@ollienuk, we meet again :slight_smile:

I haven’t seen anyone doing this before, so really great to see your progress! Sorry to hear you’re now stuck with the redirects though.

I might have ran into something similar on Friday with a different application. I wonder if we have something misconfured with the redirections between istio and dex. I think once you authenticate you should receive an AUTHSERVICE_TOKEN (or similar, I might remember the name wrong). If you attach that cookie manually in your browser (using maybe a browser extension for cookies), it might let you browse directly to the dashboard instead of getting redirected a second time.

I’ll also look into this. I don’t know if I have a way of testing with the Microsoft setup though.

Sorry, I can’t remember if I posted this link on one of your other threads, but have you read this guide? Not identical, but there is some overlap.

You should be able to register an app to test on Azure for free I think but I’m not 100% sure.

Thanks, I’ll have a look and see if using Keycloak is any better.