Charmcraft release 2.2.0 – Call for testing!

Charmcraft supports the development of operators using the Charmed Operator Framework. It enables developers to build, upload and release operators on Charmhub and collaboration through charm libraries.

This new version was just released to latest/edge, latest/beta and 2.x/candidate channels (leaving for next year latest/candidate, and after suitable testing stable). I’d appreciate any tests on this, please report here any issues you find.

Version 2.2.0 includes the following changes:

• Support including collaborations when listing registered names (related issue)

• Stopped showing repeated branches in Status command results (related issue)

• Better messages to the user in several situations:

• when pushing a charm library and the lib’s patch number is too high

• on a login attempt when already having credentials (related issue)

• improved the help for --format option in several commands (related issue)

• Show (with value hidden) the authentication environment variable in system details in logs (related issue)

• Support correctly local OCI images with empty RepoDigests key

• Lot of internal improvements: integration tests, code restructuring and simplification, and project cleanup in general.

Use Charmcraft to:

We recommend the Charmed Operator Framework for charm development, but Charmcraft will help you publish charms written in any language. The Charmed Operator Framework enables the development of operators in a simple and straightforward way, using standard Python structures to allow for clean, maintainable, and reusable code.

Happy charming!

1 Like

…and released it to candidate and 2.2/candidate, after the break; please give it a try and ping me if you find any detail, thanks!!

… and just released to stable and 2.2/stable.

Remember you can use other tracks, e.g. 2.1 to stay in older versions!

Please ping me on any detail or doubt you’d want to ask about this new version.

Thanks!

1 Like

I just wanted to comment… the speed of charmcraft pack has improved dramatically for me in the past several weeks… unsure if it’s LXD, Snap, Charmcraft, or some mix of improvements… but great work!

2 Likes