• juniper-os-software-contrail-analytics
  • juniper-os-software-contrail-analyticsdb
  • juniper-os-software-contrail-command
  • juniper-os-software-contrail-controller
  • juniper-os-software-contrail-keystone-auth
  • juniper-os-software-contrail-kubernetes-master
  • juniper-os-software-contrail-kubernetes-node
  • juniper-os-software-contrail-openstack

I need a new track named 21.4.L4 and guardrails that will allow me to create new tracks with incremented L, like 21.4.L5 and so on. Thx!

Kamil

Hi Kamil!

For patch level tracks like this, we like to get a bit more information before creating the tracks.

1. What are the charms release cadence? How often is a new major version (potentially requiring a new track) released?
  2. Is there some commitment from upstream on maintenance of old versions? e.g. is 21.4.L4 still supported with security updates? will it continue to be supported if 21.4.L5 is out, and for how long?
  3. Are new versions backwards-incompatible? Meaning, if I was running 21.4.L4 and try to install 21.4.L5, will that just work, or do I need to migrate my data/configuration, or will things break horribly?

In this case, it could be acceptable to have major.minor track versions, versus patch versions, which could potentially fragment the user base. Please let me know the answer to the above questions, and if perhaps a major.minor track would be a better fit for you.

Thanks, Emma