Charm Summit 2020

Canonical is hosting an event for the Juju community in Germany next month. The aim is to introduce a new charming framework for Juju. We hope that this new system will be much easier to write robust charms.

We would like to learn from people who write and maintain charms. We’re hopeful that we can make charm writing enjoyable and productive.

Details

Event Charm Summit 2020
Date Friday, 2020-02-28
Venue Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, Germany
Format Single-day workshop/training

Schedule

Time
9:00-9:15 :clock9: Welcome and Introductions
9:15-9:30 How Juju is Developed
An overview of how the Juju project is managed and the teams at Canonical that produce it.
9:30-10:30 :clock930: Lessons from using Juju in production
Speakers from industry will explain their use of Juju and what they’ve learned to successfully deploy it

10:30-10:45 :clock1030: BREAK
10:45-11:45 :clock11: Introduction to the operator framework
A discussion of the new library for writing charms.
11:45-12:00 Questions and Discussions
12:00-13:00 :clock12: LUNCH
13:00-15:00 :clock1: Charming Workshop (Part 1)
15:00-15:30 :clock3: BREAK
15:30-17:00 :clock330: Charming Workshop (Part 2)

More details will be available closer to the event.

Registration

Space is limited. Please email Tim McNamara tsm@canonical.com to confirm your place.

Contact

For any further information, please contact Tim McNamara tsm@canonical.com.

9 Likes

Great initiative @timClicks!
We’re looking forward to seeing you all there.

4 Likes

Hi,

Two quick questions.
Will the talks be available as videos later? I would like to go but might not be able to :frowning:
Also it looks like you haven’t had this kind of summit for a while. Are they recurring annually from here on out?

Best regards,
Emil

2 Likes

I don’t think we were planning on filming them. It is something we can consider for the next time. The intent is very much to be more regular about them. I believe we’ve even discussed doing one again later this year.

1 Like

We are in the Matrix room on the fifth floor.

1 Like