Ceph-osd action zap-disk | how on earth do you zap a disk

One of the disks in my cluster have gone fishing. I’ve configured a replacement, but struggling to figure out the context of the juju action.

The example for zapping a disk on the Charm is not very helpful
Example:

juju run-action --wait ceph-osd/3 zap-disk i-really-mean-it devices=/dev/vdc

but when I try, I’m getting:

root@maas-01:~# juju run-action --wait ceph-osd/3 zap-disk i-really-mean-it devices=/dev/sdc
ERROR argument "i-really-mean-it" must be of the form key...=value

root@maas-01:~# juju run-action --wait ceph-osd/3 zap-disk =i-really-mean-it devices=/dev/sdc
ERROR key "" must start and end with lowercase alphanumeric, and contain only lowercase alphanumeric and hyphens

root@maas-01:~# juju run-action --wait ceph-osd/3 zap-disk ""=i-really-mean-it devices=/dev/sdc
ERROR key "" must start and end with lowercase alphanumeric, and contain only lowercase alphanumeric and hyphens

root@maas-01:~# juju run-action  --wait ceph-osd/3  zap-disk config=i-really-mean-it devices=/dev/sdc
{}
ERROR validation failed: (root) : "i-really-mean-it" property is missing and required, given {"config":"i-really-mean-it","devices":"/dev/sdc"}

right

juju run-action --wait ceph-osd/3 zap-disk i-really-mean-it=true devices=/dev/sdc

2 Likes

Apologies. The stable charm README will be updated with the current dev version next month.

2 Likes