Charmcraft supports the development of operators using the Charmed Operator Framework . It enables developers to build, upload and release operators on Charmhub and collaboration through charm libraries.
Charmcraft 2.3.1 was just released to
latest/candidate channel . The team would appreciate any tests on this, if you find a regression or any new issue you can report it on https://github.com/canonical/charmcraft/issues/new.
This is purely a bugfix release. A full list of changes can be found at https://github.com/canonical/charmcraft/releases/tag/2.3.1
- Initialise a new charm and directory structure
- Pack your Charmed Operator into a charm for distribution
- Register your charm name on Charmhub
- Upload your charms to Charmhub
- Release your charms into channels
- Publish and fetch charm libraries
We recommend the Charmed Operator Framework for charm development, but Charmcraft will help you publish charms written in any language. The Charmed Operator Framework enables the development of operators in a simple and straightforward way, using standard Python structures to allow for clean, maintainable, and reusable code.