Backup/restore to/from filesystem using postgresql charm

Its not clear to me what is the status on this @mthaddon

Currently, we’re relying on manually creating backups for pgsql.

1 Like

Anyone who has been able to perform a backup-restore cycle using this charm?

We’ve just published an update to the postgresql charm in the edge channel that should fix this. Can you test and let us know? If so we’ll publish that to the stable channel.

2 Likes

What is the procedure?

It would be the same procedure you tried with before, but deploying postgresql from the edge channel rather than the stable channel.

2 Likes

OK, I’ll give it a stab during the week.

@mthaddon would you consider “demoing” the postgresql charm on friday the 8:th for the community?

It would be amazing to focus a bit on how it can be used/related with other charms.

The backup/restore feature is the obvious core functionality and we can take it for a spin within such a workshop.

Its just a suggestion, so if it doesn’t fit that date, perhaps you would consider demo it some other time?

1 Like

Hi,

I’m afraid I won’t be able to do this on the 8th, as I wouldn’t have enough time to prepare beforehand - I’m not the long term maintainer of this charm, have just been doing some reviews while a rewrite is underway by another team, so I’d need to confirm a few things before I could provide a useful demo.

I’m then going to be mostly off for the next few weeks, but would be happy to schedule something later in August.

Thanks, Tom

2 Likes

@mthaddon would you be able to point to someone in this team as it would be great to be able to invite them to participate in the workshops.