Air gapped or offline bundle deployment

Hi,

I am looking for a solution to deploy a complex (Openstack) bundle in an air gapped environment. So far I have been relying on the juju-https-proxy to fetch the charms from the charmstore, but would be great if I could store it on an internal repository (gitlab for instance) and deploy the environments using only that. I found that a few years ago there was a project called juju git-deploy here, but it seems abandoned.

I am aware of the local charm deployment way, but that is really difficult to manage for bundles.

Thanks, Gabor

Our general advice has been to get the charms locally (juju download works well with charmhub), and then rewrite the bundle to point to local (relative) paths. It would be possible to support arbitrary URLs (it is just a download locally and then deploy), but we’ve generally been cautious around it. There are other tools (enterprise proxy) for maintaining much better control around the list of charms you want to be running in your environment, that also provide nice ways to track an upstream.