Add guardrail for `opensearch-dashboards`

Hi,

I am trying to add track 2 for newly created charm opensearch-dashboards, but it requires the guardrails:

curl https://api.charmhub.io/v1/charm/opensearch-dashboards/tracks -X POST -H'Content-type: application/json' -H "$CHARMHUB_MACAROON_HEADER" -d '[{"name": "2"}]'
{"error-list":[{"code":"missing-guardrails","message":"Missing guardrails for requested ('charm', 'hidden') package"}]}

The manual says I need to request one here. Can you please add one? Tnx!

Hi,

That is correct. There needs to be a guardrail in place for the charm in question, before creating tracks yourself.

Since the guardrail is a regex pattern that controls all track creations for your charm, it’d be better if you constructed it, as you’re familiar with both current and future track names. Let me know once you’ve decided on the pattern and I’ll happily apply it to opensearch-dashboards.

Thanks,

Odysseus

The track for this charm can only be integer, so the regexp for the trailguard should be \\d+. P.S. I am not sure about escaping here.

Dear Charm Team

can you please add the guardrail mentioned above to proceed with tracks and charm publishing. Tnx!

CC: @odysseus-k

Hi,

This is now done. The \d+ guardrail has been successfully created for the opensearch-dashboards charm.

Thanks,

Odysseus

1 Like