Remove lib

Hi!

I’ve just noticed there’s a smtp lib in the saml integrator charm that should not be there. It has most likely been uploaded manually by mistake. Could someone remove it?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Deleting a charm library is not a supported operation. In this case, if you want to signal somehow to those trying to fetch the library that it has been removed, you can put a e.g. raise SystemExit("lib deprecated") in the library and upload a new version.

Thanks,

Odysseus

Considering the library was uploaded there by mistake and lives in another charm, I think I would be better for UX purposes to remove it from there

@odysseus-k just wanted to make sure it’s clear, this is a library that’s should be associated with this charm at all. It’s the smtp library, but the charm is the saml integrator charm. So having it here in any form is just confusing for users, which is why we’d like it removed.

Is there some way that’s possible? Thanks

Hi,

According to our internal guidelines, we don’t support removing charm libraries. In general, the only readily available recommendation would be an exception added to the library code. If you see a dire need to remove the library, it would be a feature request (either for the removal functionality or for at least an admin script to provide it upon request), feel free to contact @antonpkazakov for it.

Thanks,

Odysseus

I’ve filed Bug #2059219 “Add the ability to remove libraries from charms” : Bugs : Snap Store Server.