Below you’ll find the updates from the team for week 3 and 4.
v1.1 Candidate Release
We’ve pushed our
1.0/candidate, please give it a spin and let us know if you find any issues.
The observability team at Canonical consists of Dylan, Jose, Leon, Luca, Pietro, Ryan, and Simme. Our goal is to provide you with the best open-source observability stack possible, turning your day-2 operations into smooth sailing.
COS Lite is a light-weight, highly-integrated observability suite, powered by python operators and running on Juju. Find more information on charmhub or go straight to github.
- Add support for sending Grafana Dashboards through the COS Proxy (#24)
- Add support for scraping Mimir’s internal metrics (#10)
- Add support for relating Mimir to Grafana to get self-monitoring dashboards (#17)
- Add support for using Mimir as a Grafana Datasource (#11)
- Add support for using Mimir to receive and evaluate alert rules (#15)
- Implement TLS Termination for Traefik using the
- COS Proxy has finally reached GA!
charming-actions/release-librarieshas been released, allowing you to automate library uploads based on version and patch constants.
- Rework the Metrics Endpoint Aggregator to make it more flexible (#171, #409)
- Automate publishing and updating charm libraries for all of the observability charms
- Split the Grafana Agent charm so that it may serve as the foundation for both a machine- and a k8s charm. (#66)
- Rework the Alertmanager readme (#109)
- Rework the Grafana readme (#169)
- Rework the Loki readme (#225)
- Stop using controller storage in Prometheus (#399)
- We’ve decided to deprecate the Cortex ROCK. This will be replaced by the Mimir ROCK.
- We are now running matrix tests on Juju 2.9 and Juju 3.x for COS Lite (#59)
Have a great week!