Juju community virtual meetup

Juju user here, with big thanks to @erik-lonroth for introducing me to Juju . I tried to float the idea in my day job to use juju … but it seems everyone is in love with ansible, terraform… or azure resource manager yamls… my ambition is to use juju more and more with my personal projects… and would love to hear from others what’s going on in areas of deep learning as well as webapps/thrift-services

I think for me, coming to juju quite late… it got really hard to know what was valid info and what’s out of date… I have not even touched yet the new frameworks… nor any k8 charms… but I feel due to the influx of k8s at work… I’ll have to embrace k8s charms… and hoping I can get to use it with the clusters at work

3 Likes

Hi @emcp, we have a bunch of blog posts on deep learning using Kubeflow (deployed with Juju).@ruivasconcelos1 is the author of most of them :smiley:

2 Likes

I can add the link of my lessons with my students, even if it is in French. I am preparing videos with the new versions. Merci.
https://github.com/DOSSANTOSDaniel/MAAS_JUJU_K8S_Openstack

2 Likes

That’s awesome, @Moula - can I add this content to our tutorials page? (with the proper credits of course)

FYI:

@pedroleaoc yes of course.

My My private open-hardware + open-software platform with Proxmoxve, Ceph, Maas, Juju, k8s, Microk8s, Openstack, Microstack, Portainer … It is the automation of MAAS and juju that allows me to deploy all this easily…

7 Likes

Awwh, that’s super cool! You should pop in one of our Community Sessions: Bring Your Charmed Operator! and present your user case to the team! They will be thrilled to see it!

You can also see what people are doing with the Operator Framework.

1 Like

I am not available this week. I will be in class with my engineering students, they all come with their idea on Ansible and Terraform and I will train them with practice on MAAS + JUJU + MICROK8S :slight_smile:
For the next few weeks it will be possible.

2 Likes

Any time, just drop me a message! Point some students to these open sessions as well - we talk a lot about the applications and best practices :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey folks, FYI 2: