Failed to bootstrap model: machine is already provisioned

Hi, I’m trying to setup a manual cloud but i got:

22:14:26 ERROR juju.cmd.juju.commands bootstrap.go:832 failed to bootstrap model: machine is already provisioned.

how I can solve this issue?

There was a prior strategy of uninstalling all Juju concerns when a manual machine agent was deemed to be shutting down permanently.

This however was fraught with danger as an incorrect determination of that condition made it possible to irrevocably lose a machine from the model - particularly catastrophic should it happen to a controller.

We no longer employ this strategy. Instead if you want to remove traces of Juju from a machine, just run the script that we deploy for this purpose.

It is located at /usr/sbin/remove-juju-services.

1 Like

Thanks @manadart, this happened because i’m trying to setup manual cloud with this parameters

juju add-cloud --local
Cloud Types
  lxd
  maas
  manual
  openstack
  vsphere

Select cloud type: manual

Enter a name for your manual cloud: idtolu-cloud

Enter the ssh connection string for controller, username@<hostname or IP> or <hostname or IP>: jotero@10.0.100.101

then failed with:

12:14:40 ERROR juju.cmd.juju.commands bootstrap.go:832 unable to contact api server after 1 attempts: unable to connect to API: x509: certificate signed by unknown authority (possibly because of "crypto/rsa: verification error" while trying to verify candidate authority certificate "juju-ca")