[community-workshop] Starting in North and South America friendly timezones

We’re looking to bootstrap community workshops at times friendly to North and South America!

Please vote on times convenient for UTC-3 to UTC-7, or suggest an alternative.

1. 9am PDT, 1pm BRT
  2. 10am PDT, 2pm BRT
  3. 11am PDT, 3pm BRT
  4. 12pm PDT, 4pm BRT
2 Likes

Great initiative! At Community Events you can find a running list of topics I was hoping to cover and keep expanding as people come up with ideas of things to discuss or explore. We could keep a single list for both series, or make two parallel ones?

2 Likes

Awesome!

@pordonez just tagging you to put this on your radar, as I know the time will suit you much better.

PS I’ve added the category “announcements and community” and the tag “community-workshop” so this would appear alongside our other community workshop announcements.

1 Like

Guys, I am really interested on the Americas workshop.

But …

Can we schedule a Zoom meeting ?

Tentative topics (please be free to add or remove any of them):

• I would like to hear from Erick experience (goals, successes and mistakes on Europe workshop).
  • Best way to approach other people interested in Juju?
  • Overload of hosting the workshop?
  • Best way to involve the community on the workshop?
  • Best way to approach Canonical Juju Team?

Thanks.

1 Like

Personally, any of the listed times are fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m good with any!

I’ve created an Inaugural Americas workshop to kickstart:

Friday 5-August 1pm EDT

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/r/eventedit/NzNxYW00bTlwaG05NDBuczB0aHFudmI3Ymwgc3RpaW1scDlzNWo2aDExMjZmdnQzbHJpMGNAZw

1 Like

@erik-lonroth @pordonez just putting it on your radar.

@hmlanigan I seem to be unable to tell what calendar that event is on, or to invite myself to it :-/ Any suggestions?

There is a Juju Community calendar. The link is also in this post

I missed the last week’s America’s timezone beginners meetup event and I don’t see more on the schedule. They were awesome. Is there another one planned?

Don’t worry, there will be more coming up, probably next week! There is also the EU workshops going which you could also join if it works for you.

Is there any special topic you would like to see happen?

There is … now that I have gotten a bit more into this … I was wondering if we could cover passing GPU resources into juju managed containers.

I would love to have @mmrezaie cover this if he can? He has done some work in this context and I’m doing that aswell with LXD although I wouldn’t yet be able to present it well enough.

My company is in the game of building private clouds based on LXD and we are exploring this space as well.

1 Like

happening this week:

2 Likes

I sure can present something which we are currently working on, but I do not think we have anything ready for demo now but maybe in 4 weeks.

1 Like

Sounds reasonable. Why don’t we collaborate some on this and set a date for it in mid December?

Abasolutely.